Medicines management is more than simple drug administration. At every interaction with patients, the nurse is making complex clinical decisions. This portable handbook enables the practitioner to make informed and evidence based decisions regarding medication. It reflects the latest thinking on medicines optimisation.This 44 page pocket-sized book fits comfortably into a pocket and provides instant access to information nurses need quickly every day.
Dozens of charts and illustrations are included.
- Definitions and symbols
- SI units
- A brief explanation of pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics
- Key principles by route of administration
- Record-keeping and what to look for on a prescription or prescription chart
- Communication with the patient
- Assessment for safe medicines management
- Pain assessment and management
- Tips for getting the most out of the BNE
- Drug classes
- Drug calculations
- Adverse drug reactions and incident reporting
- Drug-related emergencies (anaphylaxis and hypoglycaemia)
- Index of drug names
The wipeable page surface allows nurses to make notes and remove them easily.