|Operating Department Practice Clinical Pocket Reference book.
This 40 page pocket-sized book fits comfortably into a pocket and provides instant access to information nurses need quickly every day.
Dozens of charts and illustrations are included.
- ASA grading and SI units of measurement
- consent and patient check
- anaesthetic topics including equipment checklist, preoperative fasting, endotracheal tubes (ET tubes), laryngeal mask airways (LMAs), cricoid pressure, failure to intubate / air embolism, malignant hyperthermia, blood products, sickle cell disease and thromboelastogram
- surgical topics including patient positioning, handwash procedures, types and sizes of urinary catheters, tourniquets, sutures, handling specimens and day surgery
- recovery topics including, oxygen administration, acute pain assessment and management, fluids and electrolytes, transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP) syndrome and compartment syndrome
The wipeable page surface allows nurses to make notes and remove them easily.