|Diabetes Clinical Pocket Reference book provides a succinct source of useful clinical information to assist with the rapid and effective management of the patient with diabetes by the non specialist.
This 44 page pocket-sized book fits comfortably into a pocket and provides instant access to information nurses need quickly every day.
Dozens of charts and illustrations are included.
- introduction including types of diabetes mellitus, diagnosis, common symptoms and comparison of Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes
- daily management including supporting self-care, medications, common insulin regimens, tips for blood glucose monitoring, life style, driving and employment issues
- acute care including diabetic ketoacidosis, hyperosmolar non-ketotic coma, hypoglycaemia, lactic acidosis, acute myocardial infarction, sepsis and wound control
- continuing care including long-term complications, HbA1c units, chronic disease management, assessment of blood glucose control, vascular and neuropathic complications, micro and macro vascular complications and erectile dysfunction
- transient issues including illness and insulin requirements, steroid therapy, fasting with religion and surgery, pregnancy and travel
The wipeable page surface allows nurses to make notes and remove them easily.