This handy, 67-page book has been prepared as an easy-to-use guide for you and your patients and clients. It contains information you will need to help you in your day-to-day clinical practice.
- Changing unhealthy behaviours
- Substance misuse
- Diet and weight
- Physical activity
- Safer sex
- Special groups
Ensuring the safeguarding of children is a highly important and challenging task for all professionals working in a healthcare environment.
This 51 page pocket-sized guide will help you develop your understanding of the issues and enable you to identify and respond to difficult child protection concerns with confidence.
- skills and knowledge
- what is abuse and neglect?
- emotional abuse
- physical abuse
- sexual abuse
- families and family diversity
- how do we recognise when there might be potential safeguarding issues?
- the importance of observation
- domestic violence
- what do we mean by grooming?
- child protection case conferences